On your road to screenwriting success you will need to navigate your way through an army of assistants, interns, and administrators who are given the responsibility of protecting the castle — the REAL gatekeepers. In this essential session, you will hear directly from the people whose job it is to decide whether your script — and your career — move forward.
This panel will comprise of the right hand men and women of some of the industry’s most important players discussing:
- Who you NEED to impress to reach who you WANT to impress.
- Why the gatekeepers more than their bosses will prove instrumental to your future successes.
- How to break through the ‘no unsolicited’ barrier when you’re very much unsolicited.
- How to appear professional, regardless of how much experience you have.
- The red flags which cause them to slam the gates shut.
Come and hear directly from the guys and gals that really hold the keys to the castle how to get and stay on their good sides.
Friday 5th June
There’s nothing quite as thrilling as finding your creative flow. That ease and joy that opens up when you hit your groove and the creativity just pours out of you, is just blissful. Meditation offers a powerful doorway to this place.
A master at character, structure, and theme in equal measure, Michael Arndt has worked for studios, on spec, and everything in between on his way to being the first writer ever nominated for BOTH screenwriting Oscars in his first two produced features.
Have you got the Pitch Factor? Live from the London Screenwriters Festival, the Pitch Factor returns with CASH prizes and our very own motley crew of judges!