with Bob Schultz
How do you get your First Draft complete, in great shape AND on schedule.
Maybe your problem is moving into Act 2. Maybe it’s devising a satisfying finale. Maybe it’s just getting started? Maybe you keep finding pencils to sharpen?
Or… Maybe you need a small writers group, at coach to guide and drive you, a schedule and deadline and a TON of worldclass training and insight into screenwriting excellence.
Write Your Script in Three Months with Bob Schultz at Ealing Studios.
- ‘An agent has requested a script, and a major production company wants to see my next feature and have asked for another script as a writing sample. Most of all though, Bob turned my writing from a stressful experience into something enjoyable – I didn’t want it to end.’
Anthony Povah, Screenwriter
How is it structured?
- Meet for ten days of training, mentoring and instruction with Bob Schultz.
- Spread over a three month period with breaks.
- Located at Ealing Film Studios.
- Writing every day.
- Small and intimate group of eight screenwriters.
- Writing from concept to first draft and ultimate polish.
Benefits for you…
- Incisive and expert guidance at every stage. Rewire your brain!
- Work in a motivated and supportive writers group. Your tribe.
- Build the creative muscle by doing what you love every day. Writers Gym.
- Weekly training and analysis for unstoppable momentum. MOMENTUM!
- Nurturing and elevating environment and process. Freedom to create.
At the conclusion of this three-month course, you will have a completed first draft of your screenplay, a strategy to launch you into the rewrite process, and the confidence to share your work with others. All you need is an idea, your laptop, and the willingness to take the reins of your story and career.
Date: July 20th through October 12th.
Size: Limited to 8 delegates.
Venue: Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London W5 5EP
Sign up HERE on PayPal or use the button below.
- “What an absolute joy it’s been working with Bob as my mentor. His insight, support, knowledge and experience has been invaluable. It’s been a delight and so extraordinary to have him supporting me!”
Ros Jones, Screenwriter
Writing, learning, growing… EVERY DAY for three months
Each week you will receive direction and specific goals as you write your screenplay.
Then, through one-on-one mentoring, you will work your way to FADE TO BLACK.
Finally, your screenplay will be workshopped with the group to prepare for the next phase of development.
This course is designed to benefit all screenwriters, whether you are looking to create:
- A low-budget feature.
- The perfect writing sample.
- A television pilot and series bible.
– Acts 1-4
– Character Work, Loglines, and Outlines.
– What Makes An Effective Scene?
– Set ups and payoffs.
– Polishing The Outline.
– Act One. What needs to be achieved?
– Transitioning into Act Two (where great scripts go to die).
July 22 – August 16: Writing period, with one-on-one consultation via Zoom.
August 17-18: Students will be expected to have completed a first draft of Act One before this session.
– Act One Review.
– Act Two.
– Maintaining Momentum.
– Transitioning between acts Two and Three – The crest and crash.
– Act Three: Triumph and Tragedy.
August 18 – September 6: Writing period, with one-on-one consultation via Zoom.
September 7-8: Students will be expected to have completed a first draft of Acts One through Three for this session.
– Review: Acts One, Two, and Three.
– Compare & Contrast: Outline and Draft to Date.
– Checklist: Your set-ups and payoffs.
– Act Four: A New Adventure.
September 8 – October 4: Writing period, with one-on-one consultation via Zoom.
October 5-6: Workshopping student scripts. Students will be expected to have completed a first draft of their entire script before script can be workshopped.
Writer and producer Bob Schultz has instructed hundreds of screenwriters in academia, one-on-one, and through festivals and events all over the world. His unique approach to completing your first draft will take you from a germ of an idea, through outlining and character development, writing the draft.
Here are a few comments from writers who have worked with Bob:
“What struck me about Bob was his incredible ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and figure out what was working and what wasn’t. He has a lot of insight into the structure of films and just understands HOW they work – but he doesn’t dictate and he doesn’t imply you are wrong, just offers his opinions and experience to help you make your project the best it can be.”
Mark Walker, Screenwriter
“I took a screenwriting class with Mr. Schultz back in 2017, and the knowledge and skills I gained from his teaching and experience sharing are incomparably amazing. He’s always been willing to provide feedback, coverage, and help. Super thankful I took advantage of these services since it has helped me improve as a writer personally and professionally. His feedback is always accurate and eye opening. 100% Recommended.”
Arlyn de los Santos, Screenwriter
“Bob Schultz showed me how to hit an audience where it hurts, and have them thank me for it. Thanks to Bob’s mentorship, I got my first gig as a paid writer. I honestly could not recommend him enough. I wouldn’t be the writer I am without him.”
Doryen Chin, Screenwriter
“These notes are detailed and thoughtful, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that! I am inspired to do some re-writing. ”
Amy Amani, Screenwriter
Appearing in this session
Credits include: Fringe Bootcamp, Below Zero, Hitlersaurus!
SOLD OUT… Turn your great ideas into fully structured, beat by beat, detailed blueprints so that you can easily hit that five pages a day first draft in a month. Have them rigorously interrogated at every stage to ensure they remain produceable and genre clear.
SOLD OUT… Are your great ideas often held back by your writing that can often feel uninspired, lacking depth, truth and brevity when it hits the page? Is there room to take your writing to even deeper, writing from a more authentic place?
Spend a day with John Yorke, workshopping story ideas and refining the process with greater depth as you create a brand new TV show. Experience rapid idea execution as it would happen in a real writers room.
SOLD OUT… Spend the day with Linda and seven other screenwriters as you experience and learn how to write for TV under pressure and deadlines.
Are your great ideas often held back by your writing that can often feel uninspired, lacking depth, truth and brevity when it hits the page? Is there room to take your writing to even deeper, writing from a more authentic place?