Welcome To The Great British Pitchfest at the London Screenwriters’ Festival
What is it? An opportunity to meet and chat with powerful agents and active producers, the people who have the power to make your projects happen. It’s exciting, fun and could change your career forever!
As an LSF delegate, you have the opportunity to pitch your project to agents, producers or commissioners in one of our pitching sessions.
This means face-to-face time with the very people who could launch your career, option your script or offer insight into how to improve your pitching techniques.
We are flying in top agents, producers and executives from Hollywood studios, who will be joined by the cream of the British industry, as well as hungry and emerging producers looking for new relationships.
So do you want to pitch YOUR idea at the Great British Pitchfest?
- Buy your pass to the festival.
- Check out the producers, execs and agents and make a list of who you would like to pitch too (list of pitchees goes live October 2013)
- Mid October, the Pitch Fest booking system goes live (you will be sent this link in an email).
- Login and select your chosen session based on who you want to pitch to.
- You are now booked into the Great British Pitchfest and you will have a time slot and list of pitchees.
- Get researching your pitchees and rehearsing your pitch!
- Check you have enough business cards.
Next, on Thursday BEFORE the festival, October 24th we host Pitching Thursday, a full day of pitch training – passes for LSF delegates are on sale now. GET YOURS HERE.
- Turn up on time to your pitching session.
- There will be ten execs, producers or agents present for you to pitch to.
- There will be 30 delegates pitching.
- The session lasts 90 minutes.
- There will be a queue for each pitchee, choose who you want to pitch and get in line.
- Once you have pitched, choose who you want to pitch to next and get in line.
- Do the maths you will get between 3 and 8 pitches depending on which queues you join.
- Get there early to be first in line!
- After each session, if a pitchee wants to discuss your project more, we will supply a private space for this to happen.
- After each session there will be a short, private drinks session for JUST the pitchers and pitchees.
‘I couldn’t believe the response… of the 8 companies I pitched 7 requested, 6 requested scripts and 2 requested one pagers’
What do our Execs think of the Great British Pitchfest?
‘The passion of these writers is an inspiration and a timely reminder (for me) of their importance. I will be sifting through every pitch page I was given during the run-up to Christmas. I know there are at least 3 which piqued enough interest for a legitimate follow-up.’
Daniel O’toole – Producer, Reel Art Media, Pinewood Studios
‘It’s simply one of the best festivals I’ve been to because it’s all about the delegates — tremendous opportunities to pitch and network as well as great information in the sessions. It’s the sort of weekend that’s designed to make a difference, and it really follows through on that promise’
Luke Ryan, Paramount