How can we create nuanced, engaging and believable characterisation through dialogue? Drawing on the latest psychological research, screenplay excerpts and film clips, Kira-Anne will demonstrate:
- The “Big 5” Personality traits
- How they are expressed in dialogue
- What a character’s fluency of speech, sentence structure and use of language tells us about their personality
- Simple, but highly effective tools to bring your character to life through speech
- Learn how to create complex and relatable characters with depth and authenticity.
Appearing in this session
Author of The Science of Writing Characters (available soon from Bloomsbury)