Just You, Your Idea, a Handful of Talented Writers and an Industry Mentor!
The London Screenwriters’ Festival Advanced Mentor Programme.
- The Advanced Mentoring Labs Applications Open February 2nd
- The Advanced Mentoring Labs Applications Close February 25th
Objective: To assist writers who have a fully developed screenplay in a specific genre, move their work to the next level.
Fancy getting a project of yours under the nose of an expert who knows all about your market, format or genre? Someone who can take you from good to great, who can help you make that final push in making your project a reality? Then come to the LSF and apply for the Advanced Mentor Programme.
In the past we have run programmes with Joe Eszterhas (BASIC INSTINCT), Nicole Perlman (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY), David Reynolds (FINDING NEMO), Dan Mazer (BORAT), Gub Neal (PRIME SUSPECT), script guru Linda Aronson, Hollywood exec Luke Ryan (CABIN IN THE WOODS), BBC Comedy Commissioner Gregor Sharp and many more.
These script labs are for what we call ‘focused writers’ – those brave souls who’ve been soldiering on for a while with a particular project, but perhaps have not received the break they deserve with it yet. Our aim is to get our experts involved with these writers, to inspire and guide them and help provide the tools and impetus the writers need to see their projects in a new light, so they can get it out there all over again and stand their best chance of getting it some attention.
Labs take place over zoom to ensure we get the best lab leaders possible. In some instances we MAY run labs on site during the festival also.
The Lab worked out far better than any of us hoped."
Mike Waugh, Screenwriter
WHO CAN APPLY?
- All applicants must have bought a ticket to London Screenwriters Festival as this is a DELEGATES-ONLY event.
- You must fit the criteria for each lab.
- The labs are for DEVELOPED work only.
- You can apply for a maximum of TWO labs, but may only participate in one, should your submission be in the top 6 for that lab.
Feedback from Past Mentoring Labs
- ‘Joe Eszterhas is reading my script!’
Dee Chilton, Screenwriter, @DeeChilton
- ‘I’m still buzzing my socks off about the lab… what a tremendous experience!’
Michelle Lindsay, Screenwriter
- ‘An outstanding and extremely well-run Lab and my writing has benefited enormously from it. Can’t thank you guys enough.’
Eben Skilleter, Screenwriter
- ‘The Lab was brilliant, so useful and insightful’
Aurora Fearnley, Screenwriter
- ‘The Lab worked out far better than any of us hoped’
Mike Waugh, Screenwriter
- ‘It was the highlight of the festival for me, so glad to have been a part of it.’
Jasmer Towner, Screenwriter
- ‘I had a blast in that room!’
Simon Underwood, Screenwriter
With an eye toward budget, marketability, and attitude, this lab will be instrumental in seeing your project produced.
From LSF delegates to successful produced writers, Cera and Phil can tell you how it’s done through talent, hard work, and unrelenting dedication to success.
LSF Favourite Dave Reynolds returns to help bring your family-based animation to the next level.
Bang2Write’s Lucy V. Hay brings her decades of experience to help you guide your writing and career and drill down on the central concept and pitch to help your Thriller thrill all the right people.
The rules (written and unwritten) of comedy are challenging to navigate and dependent on your sensibility and voice. But how do you make your comedy script irresistible while developing your own comedic brand? Joanna Tilley is here to guide you.