Action films cross cultural barriers and vault a screenplay’s potential for success into the worldwide market. In this explosive session, Jeb Stuart (DIE HARD, THE FUGITIVE) will share his 30+ years of wisdom in this unstoppable powerhouse of a genre.
Delegates who attend this session will learn:
- How to write action sequences as engaging on the page as on the screen.
- Strategies for snappy, memorable dialogue (from “Yippee Kai Yay, Mfer” to “What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.”
- The characteristics of the perfect antagonist and protagonist.
- Maintaining tight structure, set-ups, and payoffs to drive momentum in your story.
- Action scene dissection, blow by blow
- Balance: How much action is too much, and when is too little not enough?
When you walk out of this session (via the door – resist the temptation to crawl out through the heating ducts), you will be literally ready-for-action, prepared to leap from atop the skyscraper, blow the smoke from the barrel of your gun, and say “Happy trails” to your fears and doubts.
Moderating the session will be Editor extraordinaire Eddie Hamilton, no stranger to action himself having cut Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: First Class, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation and M:I 6 – Mission Impossible. Guaranteed this session will be a real meeting of the ‘Action’ minds with two master storytellers from two ends of the production journey.
Appearing in this session
Credits include: Die Hard, The Fugitive